Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Greta Garbo Day on TCM Tomorrow


While I have failed to write on her here as of yet, Greta Garbo is one of my favorite all time actors. There was actually a period in my life when I was quite obsessed and I devoured every bit of information on her that I could.
Tomorrow Turner Classic Movies is having an impressive Garbo marathon as part of their Summer Under The Stars Month. A few of the films they are showing have amazingly enough not secured a DVD release yet and these include A Woman of Affairs (1928), The Kiss (1929), and her final film Two Faced Woman (1941).
Garbo is sorely under-represented on disc and I was hoping TCM would show some more of the unavailable titles but, that aside, the day is a splendid one and anyone who hasn't seen classics like Ninotchka (1939), Queen Christina (1933) and Flesh and the Devil (1926) should definitely tune in.

3 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

I've adored her since I first discovered classic films. She's always had a spell on me. She's powerful and breath-taking without having to speak a word. I do love that luscious accent of hers though.

Jeremy Richey said...

Yea, she's simply put one of the greatest figures in screen history.

audrey said...

I agree. That's why she's the one they called "Divine."
When she first came to Hollywood, and made such a big impact, people like Norma Shearer were even saying how 'Divine' this new creature was.
And so she remains in a realm of her own.