Friday, August 29, 2008

Roberta Collins: The Loss of a True American Original

caged_heat

Arbogast on Film as well as Jack Hill's MySpace site are both reporting the untimely death of Roberta Collins, one of the shining lights of 1970's American cinema. I absolutely adored Roberta's work and had held out hope that I might one day get to meet her as she was the last of a group of my favorite seventies Drive-In Queens (a special set that included Candice Rialson, Claudia Jennings and Rainbeaux Smith) still with us.
I've not seen this report anywhere else except the above two sites, and I am sure more information is to come. I will be posting a full tribute to Roberta and some of my favorite performances of hers this next week. My best to her friends and family...honestly it has been a pretty terrible couple of weeks for me and this news just caps it.

7 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Very sad news. Another light gone out, with a bunch of memories attached to it. Your thread-header sums it up nicely. A true original RIP

The King Of Cool said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. Yes, it's very sad. I feel so bad that we've lost so many of those wonderful and beautiful stars of the 70's.

Jeremy Richey said...

It's terrible news...I hope my little tributes throughout the week introduce some new folks to her work and remind fans of how terrific she was.

Anonymous said...

I am proud to say that Roberta Collins was my grandma and i loved her SOOOOO much she was my one and only princess bobbie.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thank you so much! It is a real pleasure hearing from a relative of Roberta. I hope my tribute came out as respectful as I meant it, and I continue to be sorry about your loss. Thank you again for stopping by and commenting.

Anonymous said...

No problem.

Anonymous said...

high my name is kyle fergueson and roberta collins was my grandmother and my only lead to my real dad michael s collins and im looking for any one ho can help me contact his only 2 douters or some one in his family to merly find out ho he realy was my email is ferguson.wayne@ymail.com agin any one willing to help pleas contact me thank you.