Monday, September 15, 2008

Rick Wright R.I.P.



I hated to hear the news this evening that Richard Wright from Pink Floyd had passed away. Wright, a founding member of the band, was integral to Floyd's sound from the earliest Syd Barrett days to the mega-success they experienced later. One of my favorite early Floyd tracks, PaintBox, was in fact penned by Wright and I thought it would be an ideal clip to share here. My best to his friends and family and of course the surviving members of the mighty Pink Floyd.

4 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Very sad to read that Rick lost his battle against cancer. He was such an important part of one of our finest bands. Condolences to his family and friends.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve...this was very sad news indeed.

The King Of Cool said...

So sad to hear of his loss. I've always been a big fan of the band. R.I.P.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...it really is terrible news.