Sunday, October 12, 2008

John Carpenter Film Poll Results


John Carpenter's The Thing (isn't it hard to believe that this masterpiece was originally considered a failure by many?) reigned supreme in last weeks poll based on Carpenter's work for 76-86. Thanks to everyone who made it one of the most popular polls I have ever hosted here. The results are really interesting and I appreciate all that voted.

Here are the results:

Assault on Precinct 13: 40 (41%)

Halloween: 61 (62%)

Someone's Watching Me: 5 (5%)

Elvis: 17 (17%)

The Fog: 40 (41%)

Escape From New York: 55 (56%)

The Thing: 71 (73%)

Christine: 22 (22%)

Starman: 24 (24%)

Big Trouble in Little China: 32 (32%)

I'm still trying to figure out the details for the next poll, in the meantime please visit this essential The Thing tribute site.


Keith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith said...

Glad to hear. I love The Thing. Interested to see your next blog.

I started a new blog called Sugar & Spice. Hope you'll check it out when you get the chance. I'm adding this and the other blogs that you seem to be updating right now to my blog links on it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...good luck with the new blog.

ryan said...

is this where i am supposed to admit i have never seen starman?

Justine said...

The Thing is a classic.
I'll never look at my dog the same way again, hehe.

Images from the movie defintiely stay in your mind after watching it.

fate said...

the Thing scared the pee outta me when "it" first played.too bad it came out same summer as ET.