Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Moon in the Gutter and other Jean-Jacques Beineix Classics are Coming Back to America

beineix

A kind reader has brought it to my attention that Cinema Libre has signed up with Jean-Jacques Beineix to re-release his historic catalogue of films in the United States. This group includes my beloved The Moon in the Gutter, as well as Betty Blue and several of his other films. DVD's are expected to follow...no word on extras yet but, since Beineix is directly involved, I suspect we might get some real special treats. I am thrilled at this news and am so grateful that these incredibly special films are reappearing again, especially Moon in the Gutter, which hasn't been available in the States for more than twenty years.

5 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Jeremy. Wow! That is great news. I'm sure you are excited. I'm pretty happy myself. Have a good weekend. Cheers!

Steve Langton said...

I'l echo Keith's comment. This really is great news. Way past time we got Moon on DVD, and Betty Blue (in the superior director's cut) will be most welcome. I'm sure there will be some enticing extras, too.

scott said...

so long overdue...Thanks j!!

scott said...

..like a dream reading this!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys...it is extremely exciting news. I can't wait for these to start rolling out...