Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Personal Note



I wanted to let everyone know that posts here in the next week or so might be a bit more sporadic than usual. I am in the process of moving upstate, so my time to write is limited. I must admit that the last month or so has been among the most stressful that I have had in a very long time, and sitting here surrounded by all these boxes just trying to get through the next week is not helping matters. Still, I am excited about the move and hope that it marks a new happy chapter for myself, my girlfriend Kelley and my misbehaving cat, Mazzy Star.
For Moon in the Gutter readers the move should be a most promising one as I will be back in an area where it's possible for me to see more foreign and independent films, plus more club shows that I can write on.
Anyway, I apologize if the posts are few here in the next week or two and if they are mostly of a visual nature. I really appreciate all the comments and emails I have been getting lately and will respond (but it might take me a bit). Send me a good thought if you will on the upcoming move, as it has me a bit against the ropes right now.

8 comments:

Bob Turnbull said...

Hey, don't apologize for only visual posts. My entire blog is like that. It's how I fake content...B-)

Best of luck on the move and getting set up. Certainly one of the more painful and stressful things one can do. Try to look forward to exploring the new neighbourhood (better video stores? it's worth the move for that alone!) and sorting your DVDs. Make sure you hook up the stereo first - you need tunes while you're unpacking.

Take care...

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Bob for the very nice words. I really appreciate it and am excited about the move (just not the process).

Thanks again...and have a great Holiday!

Joe said...

Moving is almost as stressful as a wedding. I can't see much in the way of writing getting done during either one or the other. However, wherever you land and whenever, I will be waiting for your next dispatch. Hopefully being around more forms of intellectual stimulation will assist your creativity.

Keith said...

Hey Jeremy. No need to apologize at all. Visual postings are fine by me. Good luck with the move. I wish you the best. It sounds like it's definitely a good idea. Take care. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

Steve Langton said...

Just to wish you all the very best before, during and after your move. Sounds like you're moving to a great place and I hope all three of you will be happy there. I'll be awaiting all your future posts.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beedubelhue said...

Happy Holidays,and good luck with your move!

Neil Fulwood said...

The stress of a move - and at this time of year as well! Hope it all goes well for you, here's to the resumption of regular postings once you've got everything sorted out, and, of course, Merry Christmas.

Best wishes,
Neil

PS - Mazzy Star - great name for a cat!