Sunday, February 22, 2009

M.I.A. on Region 1 DVD Tribute Month (Film 22) Susan Lenox: Her Fall and Rise (1931)


The amount of Classic Hollywood films currently missing in action on DVD is absolutely appalling. The amount is so massive that an entire blog could be built around the subject, and it could be updated on a daily basis for many years. I didn't want to let the month go by without at least mentioning one vintage favorite I would like to see on DVD. Susan Lenox: Her Fall and Rise might seem an odd choice, and I suppose it is, but it's a personal favorite. Every film Greta Garbo ever appeared in should be readily available on DVD for generation after generation to see. Sadly, only a handful are currently on the market. Susan Lenox: Her Fall and Rise isn't one of her greatest films, but it is one of her most interesting and her work opposite Clark Gable is the stuff of legend.

2 comments:

Samuel Wilson said...

Isn't it "Fall and Rise?" Otherwise, by all means let Warner release it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Samuel,
Indeed it is...thanks for spotting one of my famous typos. I am going to go change it. Thanks again for pointing that out...much appreciated.