Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Moon in the Gutter Gets The Premio Dardos Award


I was thrilled to see this morning that Arbogast on Film has seen fit to award Moon in the Gutter the Premios Dardos Award that is going around. While I was extremely happy getting this for Fascination last week, I must say getting it for my main blog is even more rewarding. I am especially happy to get it from Arbogast, who does such fine and well respected work…plus anyone who lists both The Bird With The Crystal Plumage and Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House among his favorite films is tops in my book. So thanks to Arbogast and here are the notes and rules of this particular award:

"The Dardos Awards is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. These stamps were created with the intention of promoting fraternization between bloggers, a way of showing affection and gratitude for work that adds value to the Web.



The Rules are:
1) Accept the award by posting it on your blog along with the name of the person that has granted the award and a link to his/her blog.
2) Pass the award to another five blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgement, remembering to contact each of them to let them know they have been selected for this award."

Now the tricky part. Several of my favorite bloggers have already been awarded this, but I still have many more than five I would like to give. However, these are the five I am going with.

1. J.D. Lafrance at Radiator Heaven:
2. Ed Howard at Only the Cinema
3. Ned Merrill at Obscure One Sheet
4. The Guys at Out 1
5. Tony Dayoub at Cinema ViewFinder

I follow a lot of blogs and have made a lot of friends through them, so it is hard leaving so many favorites out. I think all would agree though that the above five do deserve the honor for their consistently great and interesting work.

9 comments:

Tony Dayoub said...

I am extremely flattered by the honor you've extended towards my blog. You do great work and constantly inspire me to continue posting, not only intelligently, but passionately as well.

Thanks again, and best regards.

Jeremy Richey said...

No problem Tony, You do very nice work and I appreciate your support here.

Ned Merrill said...

I'm extremely pleased and gratified to receive such an honor. Thanks, Jeremy! Your blog is one of the few I visit regularly and, as Tony says, inspires me to get off my duff and post regularly.

Brandon Colvin said...

Thanks again, Jeremy! Your praise certainly means a lot. You've been a staunch supporter of Out 1 since the beginning and we are always grateful for it, I assure you.

Keep up the always illuminating and insightful work.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Ned and Brandon,
I love what you both do and I am happy to give this to you. Keep up the awesome work.

Keith said...

Hey Jeremy. Congrats. You definitely deserve this. You have an amazing blog.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith!

J.D. said...

Congrats on the award, Jeremy and thank you for extending the honor to my blog! Mucho appreciato, my friend.

Anonymous said...

I found this site using [url=http://google.com]google.com[/url] And i want to thank you for your work. You have done really very good site. Great work, great site! Thank you!

Sorry for offtopic