Monday, May 18, 2009

Director Richard Blackburn on his Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural (A Moon in the Gutter Video Upload)


Here's another vintage interview that I am really glad I held onto. This is filmmaker Richard Blackburn discussing his remarkable Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural, one of the seventies most mesmerizing and distinctive films. This terrific interview with Blackburn, in which he talks about everything from Lemora to his career and everyone from Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith to Jim Morrison, is from the long out of print VHS copy of the film that I got fifteen years ago or so. Blackburn comes across as a super intelligent and extremely nice gentleman, and this talk on Lemora is both entertaining and informative. I have broken it up into three parts and have edited out the few clips of the film that were shown to shorten it up a bit.





5 comments:

Keith said...

I had never seen this interview before. Thanks for sharing it. I love this film. I love Cheryl.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I hope other fans of this really special film enjoy this as well. Cheryl was the best, thanks for the kind words on her.

Yum-Yum said...

As a longtime fan of Eating Raoul--one who has just recently discovered the wonders of Lemora--I can't tell you how much I appreciate your posting of these videos.

Jeremy Richey said...

Hey thanks so much Yum-Yum,
Your comments are exactly the kind I was hoping to hear. I really appreciate it and I am so glad you enjoyed the videos...

Algernon said...

Just watched the marvellous new DVD version, wonderful film. Thank you for posting these and he is spot on about The Damned!