Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An Italian TV Special on the Making of Dellamorte Dellamore (A Moon in the Gutter Video Upload)


Michele Soavi's masterful 1994 film Dellamorte Dellamore has my vote, along with Dario Argento's disturbing The Stendhal Syndrome, as the best Italian genre film of the past twenty years. Soavi's film remains as fascinating, mesmerizing and haunting as it seemed when it hit American screens as Cemetery Man almost 15 years ago, perhaps now even more so.
Shot for, and aired on, Italian television before the film's initial release, here is a thirty minute program on the making of Dellamorte Dellamore. I believe part of this appeared on one of the film's import DVD versions, but this is the full special. The quality is only fair and it is sadly only in Italian so it will probably only be of interest to the film's hardcore fans, but a lot of the footage is priceless. The shot of stunning Anna Falchi in full costume talking to a little dog makes it one of my favorite rare videos in my collection. I've broken it up into three parts, and I hope one day it appears subtitled on a better release than Anchor Bay's all too bright version that is currently out.





6 comments:

-METALHEAD- said...

Thanks for uploading these vids. This is my favorite Soavi flick!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much MetalHead. I love Soavi and I am glad to offer this for some fans who haven't seen it. Now if we could only get someone to put out a decent DVD of The Sect here. Thanks again!

Keith said...

Thanks for posting that. I love this film very much. I hope you are doing well. Cheers!

Will Errickson said...

I was fortunate enough to see Cemetery Man in the theater back in '95! The poster hung in the men's room of the dive bar next door for years. I've mentioned it to people into Italian horror and few of them saw it--if anything, Rupert Everett threw them off the scent! Maybe now that it's out on US DVD that'll change.

Kevin J. Olson said...

This is great stuff. I just recently wrote about this film on my blog. Thanks for posting this. It truly is one of the great Italian zombie flicks. Soavi is a criminally underrated director and belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of Itlaian horror filmmakers along side Bava, Argento, and Fulci.

Jeremy Richey said...

Keith, Will and Kevin,
Thanks so much for the comments. It's really fabulous to hear from some other Soavi fans. Kevin, I like that Mt. Rushmore comment a lot! Great stuff...