Friday, May 29, 2009

The Sam Peckinpah Film Poll Results

Okay, so The Wild Bunch finishing strongly in first place might not be surprise but look at Warren Oates and the decaying head of Alfredo Garcia making a strong showing at number two. I would have put money on Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid coming in at two so its fourth place showing was the most surprising part of the poll for me. Thanks to everyone who voted and I hope the results prove interesting for those who did.

1. The Wild Bunch 72 Votes (69%)

2. Bring Me The Head of Alfredo Garcia 49 Votes (47%)

3. Straw Dogs 42 Votes (40%)

4. Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid 36 Votes (34%)

5. The Getaway 29 Votes (27%)

6. The Ballad of Cable Hogue 19 Votes (18%)

7. Junior Bonner 17 Votes (16%)

8. Ride The High Country 16 Votes (15%)

9. Cross of Iron 15 Votes (14%)

10. The Osterman Weekend 9 Votes (8%)

11. Convoy 8 Votes (7%)

12. The Killer Elite 7 Votes (6%)

13. Major Dundee 7 Votes (6%)

14. The Deadly Companions 4 Votes (3%)


Will Errickson said...

I'm not a Peckinpah fan per se but The Wild Bunch has one of my absolute favorite quotes of all time: "We all dream of being a child again, even the worst of us. Perhaps the worst most of all." I wish more people knew that and took it to heart.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Will for commenting...that's such a terrific quote...

J.D. said...

Hell, I was surprised that JUNIOR BONNER ranked so highly. Cool!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks JD,
I Love Junior Bonner so I was glad to see it get so many votes...