Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tell 'em Junior Sent Ya': The Sam Peckinpah Film Poll


Have you ever revisited a film you love and found it emotionally hitting you harder than it ever has before? I had that experience recently with a particularly devastating re-viewing of Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid, and it brought to mind that I hadn't shown enough love to Sam here at Moon in the Gutter. So for the next week or so I will be holding a new directors poll that I invite everyone to join in on. Cast your votes for your three favorite Peckinpah films and we'll tally up the results in the next couple of weeks. Enjoy the template pic of James Coburn as Garrett as well, I think it's one of the finest I have posted here...and don't forget your Pat Garrett wallpapers, which are linked just over to the right.

6 comments:

Keith said...

Great idea. I just voted. I hope you had a good weekend. Cheers!

Ivan said...

What timing! I had this feeling last night watching TCM's presentation of Junior Bonner (that looked great, too!).

colinr0380 said...

Nice poll! I decided to vote for The Osterman Weekend. I know there are many better Peckinpah films but that was the first I ever saw and the one that stuck with me (although Straw Dogs is my absolute favourite!)

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys for the comments. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's choices.

J.D. said...

Yeah, I just caught JUNIOR BONNER on TCM as well. A great little character study. I really dig a lot of Peckinpah's films but I think that BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA gets under my skin the most. Warren Oates is just so damn good in it.

And even though it gets mixed reactions, I also really dig THE GETAWAY.

lipiarski said...

getaway-wild bunch-junior.