Saturday, June 27, 2009

Beineix's The Moon in the Gutter and More This Week at the American Cinematheque


Here is a link to the Jean-Jacques Beiniex festival that is running at the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theatre July 2nd thru the 8
th. Jean-Jacques will be on hand for the festival and the film's include the US premiere of the great Roselyn and the Lions, Mortal Transfer, Diva, two short films and The Moon in the Gutter.
The press release calls The Moon in the Gutter "terrifically atmospheric and vastly underrated", two thoughts that everyone reading here will know that I highly agree with. The release also points out that The Moon in the Gutter has seen "its reputation...grow with each passing year", and I hope this spot and my Kinski blog have at least helped slightly with that for a few folks.
I really wish I could be at this event, and if anyone reading does go a report would be most appreciated.

No comments: