Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Charlie Kaufman Film Poll


Recently I was reminded that this year marks the tenth anniversary of Being John Malkovich, the mind-blowing big screen debut that introduced many of us to the wonderful world of Charlie Kaufman. Kaufman has become with just six feature films to his credit arguably the most important film figure of the decade, as well as the most original and influential. To mark the anniversary, I will be running a poll centering on those six films, and I ask everyone to pick the two so far that they consider Kaufman's most essential. The anniversary also gives me an opportunity to feature Kate Winslet as my template star for the first time with this lovely shot of her in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind as Clementine, the role which I wish she would have won her Oscar for. I've got a couple of other Kaufman goodies on deck as well my usual posts, so vote away and enjoy the little celebration of one of modern cinema's great visionaries.

No comments: