Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally PJ Harvey

PJ Harvey Mix-tape

This is a big week for me. Finally, well over fifteen years since I first fell in love with her music, I am going to get to get to see PJ Harvey in concert. I could write what would be a pretty entertaining piece on my adventures missing PJ Harvey concerts in the past decade and a half, but the memories would be too painful to re-experience. Instead I am just trying to focus on my excitement of finally getting to see her in the flesh which, barring some unforeseen problem, will be happening tomorrow night. I will, of course, be posting a full report of the show here on Thursday morning and in the mean time here is another suggested mix-tape from Moon in the Gutter. This one, if you choose to compile it, is made up of the rather maddening job of attempting to squeeze Polly Jean's career into one best of CD collection. It features three tracks from each of the major albums, plus a couple of the John Parish collaboration pieces as well as an absolute killer b-side from the To Bring You My Love period. Of course, the disc is a total failure as a culmination of career but as a collection I think it is pretty killer. Give Kelley and I good thoughts tomorrow getting to and from the show and expect a celebration of it Thursday...

4 comments:

J.D. said...

What?! No "50 Ft. Queenie"?! Inconceivable! Heh... just kidding, of course. That has always been my fave song of hers but your mixed tape list is quite an impressive one. Have fun at the concert.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks JD,
It's a favorite of mine as well and man I left out a lot of favorites here...thanks for the nice words. I can't wait for the show...

William Kretschmer said...

So lucky! My 'adventures' missing her concerts are still going on:-(

Matthew said...

I recently attended a performance of Ms. Harvey's with a certain Mr. Parish a couple of months ago. Prepare to be blown away. She packs gusto!