Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Jean-Jacques Beineix Collection Coming From Cinema Libre

Throughout the rest of the year, I will be doing the best I can to alert readers here to the extraordinary Jean-Jacques Beineix releases Cinema Libre has coming out here in America. The astonishing and epic Director's Cut of Betty Blue is now playing in select cities across the United States, and the first Beineix DVD release from Cinema Libre (Locked in Syndrome) hits stores today. Here is a link to a special website Cinema Libre has set up for the films, and here you can find everything from release dates, to reviews, to rare images. Some of the upcoming discs in the series include the wonderful Roselyn and the Lions in July, IP5 in August, and finally Moon in the Gutter in October. Please visit their site and support these landmark releases. I will be offering up reviews of the discs as they are released throughout the rest of the year.
For those who haven't seen it, here is the new trailer for Cinema Libre's re-release of the mesmerizing Betty Blue:


Staci Layne Wilson said...

He's going to be here in L.A. doing a Q&A re: MOON IN THE GUTTER (which I have never seen) on July 2.

Joe said...

Ah, good timing! We both posted about this.

James Hansen said...

I went to see BETTY BLUE in NYC (at the theater where I used to work no less) only to find it in one of the smaller theaters which was not large enough for the scope of the movie. Literally. Cut off heads all over the place, and nothing they could do about it. Quite a shame for its limited release. I was peeved enough, even though I was let in for free, that I left and decided to wait for DVD. Hopefully other cities will have better theaters and better luck about where they are placed.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much. Are you going by chance? I will link to your full report if you do, and I hope you enjoy Moon in the Gutter when you get to see it.

Cool Joe,
I will check your out. It's exciting isn't it?

That's terrible James...I would have been fuming. Hope you enjoy the disc when it comes out.