Thursday, July 9, 2009

Brooke Shields on Michael Jackson


Why post a clip that was watched by probably more than a billion people (and one that YouTube will probably remove at any moment)? Well, I don't know except that I was just so touched by Brooke Shields' tribute to Michael Jackson that I wanted to share it here. I found the whole memorial incredibly moving, with this probably being my favorite moment. I continue to be surprised by how much this is affecting me...it's even been altering my ability to sleep as of late (and I struggle with insomnia as it is). I am also in the process of rediscovering (and in some cases discovering) some truly wonderful music and recalling some memories I had considered long lost. Anyway, watching Brooke Shields here (someone else that I feel like I grew up with) reminds me of that line from Night Moves when Harry Moseby says, I get the feeling we watched the same movies." I can't really explain why, but much of this has left me speechless...

3 comments:

Amanda By Night said...

I am in full agreement over the Brooke Shields segment of MJ's memorial. There were some great moments, with Magic Johnson telling a very funny, and real, story, but Brooke really made this enigmatic singer look so utterly human I couldn't help but be incredibly touched. Plus, when Jermaine (my favorite Jackson) came on and sang Smile right afterwards, I burst out in tears. MJ will be remember for a lot of things, but it's obvious his family, and those who really got to know him, loved him immensely.

Also, I wish the best for his children.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Amanda,
Wonderfully written and I totally agree with your thoughts. I don't think they could have done a much better job putting this on...it was especially amazing how quickly it came together. Everyone's aim was definately true here. Thanks again...

Andrew said...

Very nice video...


Thanks for sharing...


___________________
Andrew
The Best PRICE for the BEST ENTERTAINMENT