Friday, July 24, 2009

Rare Article on Richard Blackburn's Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural



Recently I have been taking great pleasure in going through some of the many old film copies, scans, zines and magazines I have in my collection. Last night I came across this rare article on Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural from a 1983 issue of Demonique that I don't think is available to read anywhere else right now. While I don't agree with a lot the author of the piece writes, the article is of the utmost importance because I believe it is one of the very first (if not the first) serious piece ever written on this remarkable film. To read, please just click on the scans and hopefully the resolution is large enough to prove enjoyable.



4 comments:

Temple of Schlock said...

Thanks for posting this article, Jeremy. I remember buying this issue when it was new at the FantaCo store (along with a few Children of the Night and Magick Theatre issues), but I must've lost it somewhere along the way because I haven't seen it in years.

Kurtodrome said...

I was here to tell you my blog has a new url (.com instead of .org), but then I noticed this post on Lemora and just had to read it... the article is easy to read and a terrific find. It is an underrated film because it is very atmospheric.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much guys...I am glad I was able to share the article. I absolutely adore this film and always enjoy posting even the least little bit on it.

Jeremy Richey said...

Oh, Also Kurtodrome...I updated that link for you. Thanks for letting me know.