Friday, August 14, 2009

Richard Harland Smith on Sharon Tate

Richard Harland Smith has written a very haunting and poignant article on Sharon Tate over at Movie Morlocks that everyone should check out. I've been a bit obsessed by Sharon since I first saw her as a teenager twenty or so years ago, and I still think that she would have become one of the seventies biggest and most beloved stars. One of the most beautiful women in cinema history, there was also something remarkably real and sincere about Sharon Tate. She was also ferociously funny, as her hilarious turns in Don't Make Waves and The Wrecking Crew show. So head on over to Richard's piece and remember a very special lady who was tragically taken away from us forty years ago this month. Also, for more on Sharon, may I recommend this fabulous web site.


tollywood masti said...

thanks for sharing riche...nice article

with regards

Tollywood Masti

Keith said...

I'll definitely check that out. I've been bewitched by Sharon since I can remember. Hope you've had a good weekend.

Amanda By Night said...

Extremely moving article, but I expect no less from Richard, as he's one of my favorite writers.

It was a horrible act and hard to reconcile with even though I wasn't even born when it happened. It's just one of those things that touches you and never lets you go. I think the biggest crime of the whole thing is that Manson is still alive while Sharon and her son aren't here anymore because of him.

margaret said...

very nice except the font is so TINY that anyone who was alive and remembers the shock of those murders needs a bigger typeface.
I know, I'm that person.