Monday, September 28, 2009

Out of Sight (Through October At Least)



Since I started Moon in the Gutter, nearly three years ago, I have not let a week go by without at least a few postings. It's been, and continues to be, a wonderful experience but I have to admit that I have a severe case of Internet Burnout. In order to sort some sections of my life out I have recently moved back to the one place in the world that I feel at home at, and I am experiencing a wave of happiness and relief that I haven't felt in a couple of years. This has been a rough year for me physically, spiritually and mentally and right now all I want to do is take a step back and breathe again. So, for the first time in its existence I am going to be taking a break from Moon in the Gutter (or any other online activity) for probably a month or so. This is not a goodbye as I will return (perhaps even sooner than November if I can get mentally and physically refueled) but for right now I just can't sit here and stare at this screen anymore. I hope the folks who have stuck with me will continue to do so through this little break, and again I can't express how much I appreciate the comments and support. The fact that some of my favorite writers, actors and directors have stopped by here and read something I have written still fills me with feelings of happiness and gratitude that I can't even express.
So, again, this is not a goodbye. Moon in the Gutter will return probably around the beginning of November, or maybe late October, with a renewed sense of self and with probably more of an emphasis on quality over quantity. Thanks to all my friends I have made through this site, and I will be back soon.

22 comments:

J.D. said...

Good luck and I hope all goes well during your hiatus. You certainly deserve it so take all the time you need. We'll still be here, right where you left us. ; )

James Hansen said...

We'll miss you while you're away, but have no fear, we'll all be here when you get back! Good luck refueling and enjoy the time away. Well deserved.

Matthew said...

Your respite is well-earned, Jeremy. You have been extremely generous with your time and insights. I look forward to your return but encourage you to take your time to enjoy your life.

Dave S said...

hey jeremy. enjoy your well deserved break. i'll be thinking about you when i catch blondie again, this time in the tiny city where i was born (halifax, ns) on halloween eve... how great is that? i'm sure we'll all be here waiting to see what you've got to say upon your planned return in november. catch some great flicks, listen to some great music, and hang out with some great people.

Dave S said...

hey jeremy. enjoy your well deserved break. i'll be thinking about you when i catch blondie again, this time in the tiny city where i was born (halifax, ns) on halloween eve... how great is that? i'm sure we'll all be here waiting to see what you've got to say upon your planned return in november. catch some great flicks, listen to some great music, and hang out with some great people.

Joe Valdez said...

Great to see that you're running your blog, instead of your blog running you. Enjoy the autumn and we'll catch you on the flipside.

Neil Fulwood said...

We all need to take a break and recharge the batteries every now and then. Take care, take it easy and I'll be checking back on Moon in the Gutter at the end of October.

All the best,
Neil

Brandon Colvin said...

Good to know you're relaxing, my friend. Hopefully, you'll have time to enjoy Kentucky in the fall - best place to be.

Chris Z. said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and I can surely say that I enjoy it very very much. Your time off will give me the chance to search through earlier posts and comments that I didn’t have the time to do it. Sorry for my "weird" English, its that I am from Greece and usually don’t leave comments in foreign blogs. Keep on the good work, it always find its people… (right?)

Hope to hear from you whenever you are ready…
Greeting from Greece man… : )

Will Errickson said...

Best of luck, Jeremy. I honestly don't know where you get the energy to juggle all the blogs you have! Looking forward to your return.

fate said...

thanx for the effort.

Jeffrey Goodman said...

Hey Jeremy,

Your hiatus is certainly well-deserved. We'll be back to read you when you're ready. Take care of yourself.

kessaven said...

get back soon!!all the best!

Steve Langton said...

You certainly deserve a break. I'm constantly in awe at the quality and frequency of your posts. Life is so very hectic these days, and it's just not possible to keep up with everything all the time, without a break. Enjoy your break and I look forward to your return.

Amanda By Night said...

I hope you are enjoying yourself. It's only the 2nd, and I'm already missing you! :) But really, get some rest, renew yourself and have some fun!

Ted_S said...

You have a great site. Enjoy the time off, hope to see you back next month!

circusinthesky said...

Jeremy, this is a fantastic blog. Your work constantly exposes us to interesting and varied experiences. Enjoy your break. I'll be looking forward to more fantastic recommendations upon your return.

Kai said...

Good luck and have a pleasant hiatus.
It will be a long month without my Moon In The Gutter fix. Be well!

Jack said...

Jeremy, your blog is a wealth of intelligent, loving, awesome-sauce. You deserve a break! Best wishes.

Jeremy Richey said...

I just wanted to sign on and say thanks for all the incredible comments. I can't tell you all how much I appreciate them. Thanks for sticking with me until I get this thing rolling again in the next couple of weeks....

Keith said...

Hello Jeremy. Good luck. I want to wish you all the best. I really love this and all your blogs. I know you've been going through a lot. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care. Best wishes.

Jason said...

I just discovered your awesome blog so I will read all your past posts while you are taking a vacation, but once I'm done you better start writing again. Just kidding or am I...