Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Return of Gil Scott-Heron



One of my favorite artists is getting ready to unleash his first album in over fifteen years and I wanted to share the first video from it here. Gil Scott-Heron's new album I'm New Here, which is already drawing some serious acclaim, is due out Febuary 9th in the states and more info on it can be found here at Gil's official site. This is the video for "Me and the Devil", the amazing first single off the album. This track is a doozy and the spoken word section at the end will give long-time fans of Heron's some serious chills.



I wish Gil great success with the upcoming album and I can't wait to get a copy.

3 comments:

Paul Arrand Rodgers said...

Good God, I haven't gotten chills for Heron like that since the first time I heard "When the Revolution Comes." Thank you so much for posting this...I thought he'd never come back.

Low Def Love said...

thanks for that, what an amazing video and song.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys,
I am glad to hear some more love for Gil. I can't wait for the full album!