Monday, March 29, 2010

Directory of World Cinema: American Independent (Now Available for Pre-Order)


I am very pleased to announce that a book I have contributed quite a few pieces to is now available for Pre-Order. The American Independent Edition volume of the ambitious Directory of World Cinema is being published by England's Intellect Books and it streets in May. It will also be available in an identical American edition that can be pre-ordered from Amazon for those here in the States. I am particularly excited about this, as my work here represents the first time I have appeared in a book. I am honored to be part of the collection, which features some truly fine writers like Derek Hill and editor John Berra, and I am excited that I was able to contribute pieces on some of my favorite filmmakers.
I will continue to post more details on the book as the street date comes closer, but for now I just wanted to provide the link in the hopes that some readers here might pre-order a copy. Many other volumes in the series are forthcoming and I hope I have the opportunity to participate in some of those as well.

11 comments:

Tony Dayoub said...

This is really exciting. I could say, "I knew him when..."

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tony! I am really excited about it and I hope you will get a chance to check the book out when it comes out. Thanks again.

Bob Turnbull said...

Congrats again Jeremy! I'll likely put a pre-order in soon.

The Japan volume is also very well put together and also edited by John Berra.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Bob,
I appreciate that! That Japan volume is indeed great and I hope to get all of them for me bookshelf. Thanks again!

Brandon Colvin said...

I had no idea you were contributing to this! Way to go, Jeremy! I'll definitely be buying a copy.

Brandon Colvin said...

You even wrote the segment on MAGNOLIA! Fantastic!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Brandon,
Man, I really appreciate that. As for MAGNOLIA, I really lucked out on that and I was thrilled. Thanks again!

J.D. said...

Congrats, Jeremy! That is awesome.

So, when are you going to start offering autographed copies on your blog? ; )

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks J.D.
I appreciate the show of support!

larry Aydlette said...

Congratulations, Jeremy. I'm really happy for you.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Larry.
That is so nice of you to say!