Thursday, April 8, 2010

Appassionata Starring Ornella Muti and Eleonora Giorgi Hits DVD This Summer

There are tons of terrific archival DVD and Blu-Ray releases coming out in 2010 that I am extremely excited about, including both reissues of out of print titles as well as some that have never seen the light of day on home video here in the States. One film, that was currently only available on VHS, that I am particularly looking forward to is MYA's upcoming July release of the terrific 1974 Italian erotic drama Appassionata. This title, which stars both Ornella Muti and Eleonora Giorgi has been on my list of wanted DVDs for quite awhile so I am very pleased to see MYA's announcement. No word on extras yet, and the film has been re-titled the rather cheesy Forbidden Passion, but I have my fingers crossed that this will be a real quality release. It'll be nice to finally replace that faded full-screen English dubbed VHS copy I have had for so many years.

No comments: