Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Move, Roku and Fandor


My wife and I recently packed up all of our stuff, and our pets, and moved again. We had originally planned on moving out of Kentucky to Wisconsin but had to postpone that, and we just relocated down the road to a larger place. The move was particularly stressful and hard (a heat index of 115 only added to the misery) but we got it done and, as we get the new place together, things are starting to get back to normal.
Shortly before our move a dear friend of mine gave us an Amazon gift card as a surprise present and we decided, as a new housewarming gift to ourselves, to get a Roku. Our package arrived the day we got all of our remaining stuff in and this strange little tiny black box immediately became our new best friend. It's an awesome little unit and it blows the Wii we used to stream a few things on out of the park.
Of the services we are now able to get through the Roku my favorite is Fandor, an absolutely marvelous site that has enough treasures to keep us entertained for years. For those who aren't familiar with Fandor, it is a bit like Netflix except for film connoisseurs who might be more interested in say a classic silent short, a new foreign film or some ultra-strange surreal oddity rather than a CGI driven summer blockbuster. Which isn't to bad mouth Netflix, which I still love, but in the short time we have been using Fandor I have been absolutely blown away by their selection and I highly recommend it to any readers here who might not have yet discovered it.
Outside of posting a plug for both Roku and Fandor I felt like I needed to provide a little explanation as to why I haven't posted much lately. The stress and planning of the move kind of sapped most of my creative energy away this past month but Moon in the Gutter should be back up to full-force again quite soon. Thanks so much to the folks that have continued to visit even though things have been mostly quiet around here. I really appreciate it...

...

3 comments:

dan aronson said...

Jeremy,
Thanks. That was a very satisfying blog to read. Glad you are enjoying Fandor.

--dan aronson
CEO Fandor

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much Dan! I appreciate you stopping by and I just wish I would have discovered Fandor sooner! It is awesome...

bill teck said...

I have the Fndor app on my pad but had no idea what it was or how I got it. Now I'm going to check it out and sign up, as usual Jeremy, you are illuminating stuff. Thanks amigo, bt.