Monday, October 15, 2012

Help 'KickStart' These Projects

I wanted to take a moment and share some links for a few very valuable projects that are seeking support over at Kickstarter. These are really fantastic projects worthy of any help you can give, even if it is just spreading the word.

Susan Stahman and Howard Berger's much anticipated film A Life in the Death of Joe Meek is in its final hours over at Kickstarter so if you haven't already thrown them some support please do so now.  

There are four days left for the I Am Divine Kickstarter page, Jeffrey Schwarz's sure to be fantastic film on the legendary Divine. I can't wait to see this film!
 
Finally there is the Kickstarter page set up for maverick American Filmmaker Shaun Costello's memoir Risky Behavior. I am greatly anticipating reading this sure to be fascinating book and I hope Shaun gets all the donations he needs. ...

1 comment:

Joel Bocko said...

Nice to see you highlighting this work, Jeremy. I'm thinking of doing something similar in a few weeks or months, since I've been getting a lot of emails from low-budget filmmakers interested in discussing their projects.

Incidentally, I'm trying to put together a project myself right now - it doesn't need funding (the nature of the short film means that it will be created through editing) but it does need participants and so far a few Craigslist ads have not solicited any responses whatsoever (I haven't put it on the main "jobs" page yet, which requires a $25 fee, as I'm not sure if that will be any more effective).

I was wondering if you or any of your readers had ideas on how to connect with people who might be interested. What I need are people's snapshots, particularly from the past, to help illustrate characters that will be described in the narration. There are more specificities, but that's the general idea and even just to start by getting people who are broadly interested in the notion would be some sort of traction at this point.

I'll definitely be making an announcement on my own blog in a few weeks but in the mean time I'd love to get the ball rolling on this more than it has been. It doesn't seem like it would be particularly hard to get volunteers for something like this - actors in particular would be getting their faces out there with no cost of time and only minimal effort on their own part. But so far I'm drawing a blank in terms of strategies.

Any suggestions would definitely be welcome...