Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mother Of Tears Cut?

Alan Jones has reported over at Dark Dreams that Argento's MOTHER OF TEARS has been granted a 16 and over rating in Italy which apparently means that the film has been cut. He does mention that the footage will be reinstated for the eventual dvd release.
I must say that this is very bad news and I am wondering if this automatically means that the film will be cut worldwide also.
For the brief full quote by Jones head over to the Dark Dreams site linked at the right.
Also here is the newest poster for the film which I like very much, although I am a bit thrown by the way they are spelling SUSPIRIA.


Rogue Spy 007 said...

It doesn't surprise me that they made the cuts. I was pretty much expecting that. I'm sure they will probably do the same in the States. I still want to see it, but I'm more looking forward to the dvd release to see what Dario's vision actually was. I love that poster. It's really cool.

Jeremy Richey said...

I'm not surprised either but still disappointed. Hopefully the dvd will present the film exactly as Dario made it...thanks for the comments