Saturday, June 9, 2007

Asia and Beatrice


I'm not sure whose idea it was to pair up Asia Argento and Beatrice Dalle for a photo shoot but I for one would like to offer up a big...Thank You.
Richard Aujard's great shots of France's most controversial actress of the past twenty years and Italy's reigning dark queen are amazing. They appeared in the May Italian issue of Vanity Fair and can be viewed in full over at the always great odetoazia site. Asia also has two images over at her myspace, one of which I have here, in great quality.

Not a lot more to say on these...they are incredible shots of two of the fiercest and most independent actresses around and I wanted to share them. Richard Aujard has a great official site which is well worth visiting and odetoazie can't be recommended highly enough. It is one of the most well done and comprehensive fan sites on the net. Check them out and search down this Italian Vanity Fair and keep it in a very safe place.

6 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Thanks the heavens for pairing up Beatrice and Asia. These are some really hot pictures. They are quite the sexy pair together. I've been a big fan of Asia's for years. I love the odetoazia site you mentioned. It's probably the best out there on Asia. I've just been discovering lately who Beatrice is, and I'm loving what I've been seeing. I have a thing for French and Italian actresses. I would definitely love to be able to hunt down a copy of Italian Vogue. Why are all the great things always in foreign mags? :-)

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks,
Yea these shots are amazing. Make sure you check out Betty Blue to see Beatrice at her best. I am planning on doing a piece on her so hopefully that will contain some more recommendations also...
thanks again

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Thanks for that recommendation. I'll be sure to do that. I look forward to that future blog on Beatrice. I'd like to learn more about her.

Jeremy Richey said...

Beatrice is a really interesting person and actress. She has had a lot of personal trouble since she came on the scene, at one point she was cast in "The Sixth Sense" but couldn't get a Visa to get over here. She's a fantastic actress though and has always made really daring choices in her career, I like her a lot. I'll be posting that tribute soon...hope you enjoy it.

CINEBEATS said...

Wow! Great pics featuring two great ladies. Betty Blue is one of my all-time favorite films. It's very personal to me and I love it to death, even if I end up a wreck everytime I see it. I need to see Beatrice in more films.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Kimberly,
Honestly I feel the same way about Betty Blue. I saw it a very particular moment in my life and it really moved me. Re-visiting it is like talking to a long lost friend. I really love the film and wish it would receive more credit and Beatrice is just incredible in it.
I am planning a tribute to her soon where I will definately write on more of my favorites as I collected her films for quite a while.
Thanks again for the comments.