Monday, August 6, 2007

Woody Allen On Bergman and Antonioni


While I realize not all of my Moon In The Gutter readers share my love for Woody Allen, I thought this link was well worth posting. Here is a really nice new interview with Allen from Time.Com where he discusses the recent passing of both Ingmar Bergman and Michelangelo Antonioni. It's humorous, heartfelt and an honest look at both men through the eyes of a fellow artist and major fan.
On a totally unrelated note I recently came across this great little quote by filmmaker Neil Labute on Allen's MANHATTAN, from thereeler.com, which is why I am posting this picture. MANHATTAN might be my favorite Allen picture with Mariel Hemingway's turn as Tracy being one of my favorite performances of the seventies. Anyway, I liked the quote and I liked this little interview with Woody on the passing of two giants. Give it a look:

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1648917,00.html

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

Thanks for sharing that with us. I like Woody Allen alright. I have enjoyed his couple of movies with Scarlett.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith for the comments...much appreciated