Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Early Films Of Walerian Borowczyk


Recently I noticed that YouTube had a selection of some of Walerian Borowczyk's early works available for viewing. I thought I would post some of them here for those interested, so scroll down to watch them if you'd like.
I have made no secret of my admiration for Borowczyk's later feature work, and I find these early pieces valuable as well. I won't attempt to go into any in depth analysis on any of them, just give them a look, and have your mind blown. Then visit the following links for more information on the great Polish maverick.

UBUWEB has several more of Borowczyk's short films at this section of their incredible site.

A great English language article detailing some of these films can be found here from Polish Culture.

And of course, Mondo Erotico remains the best all around Borowczyk resource on the net.

For more on some of Borowczyk's early collaborators please visit,
this Chris Marker page which has information on the great French filmmaker as well as more links.
Also please give Kinoeye a visit for their profile on Jan Lenica.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I'll definitely check these out. I'm a big fan, but I know little about Borowczyk's earlier work. These will be interesting to see.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...they are really striking. I hope you enjoy them...