Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Spend The Holidays With Juno


I have finally given MICHAEL CLAYTON a little company in my five star films for 2007 section with the remarkable JUNO. This really special and insightful film is one of the best films of the year, and is probably the best acted. Since no one else seems to be giving her much attention, I'd like to nominate Jennifer Garner as best supporting actress for her beautifully nuanced and touching supporting role in this film.
JUNO is a great film and I highly recommend it (It also has one of the best Dario Argento nods I have seen in a film since MAY, which made it all the better).
I also saw the surprisingly strong I AM LEGEND today which despite faltering a bit in the last act was a terrific film with a great lead turn by Will Smith.
My tradition of going to the movies on Christmas day was very rewarding this year.

My posts here will start picking up in the next day or so as I return home from visiting family. Hope everyone is continuing to have a great Christmas. Thanks for all the comments, email and MySpace messages. Excuse my delay in getting back to everyone.

3 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This does look like a cute nice film to see. I've seen some previews of it. I would love to see it. It looks very different from much of what's out there.

Lastyear said...

I have to agree on Juno.A very good film.I Am Legend was a very good for the first 45 minutes but goes completely downhill from there.They should have stayed closer to the book.Unfortunately There Will Be Blood didn't open here yet.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...it is great, give it a look if you can...

Thanks also Last Year. We are waiting for THERE WILL BE BLOOD here as well. I am eagerly anticipating its arrival and am holding off making my best of the year list for both it and ATONEMENT