Thursday, January 3, 2008

Maria's Lovers At Nostalgia Kinky


I am currently finishing up my multi post look at Andrei Konchalovsky's 1984 film MARIA'S LOVERS at my Nastassja Kinski blog, Nostalgia Kinky, if anyone would like to stop by and give them a look.
I have posted my main review of this Gerard Brach scripted film as well as looks at its soundtrack, photography, script and have posted some rare lobby cards from my own collection.
This film would garner Nastassja a well deserved Silver Ribbon award as best actress from the Italian Syndicate of Film Journalists and would get Konchalovsky a Cesar nomination.
Kinski would follow MARIA'S LOVERS with HAREM and then the disastrous Hugh Hudson film REVOLUTION which would lead to her abandoning Hollywood films for almost a decade.
My Kinski side project is now a few hundred posts in and I have recently opened up a separate MySpace profile page for it in order to alert more people to it. This page features a lot of photographs of Nastassja and I also invite anyone interested over there to visit as well.
Thanks to the Moon In The Gutter readers who continue to visit and comment over at my tribute to my favorite actress. My look at the ill conceived and most unfortunate REVOLUTION will begin over there within the next couple of weeks after I post on HAREM. My look at REVOLUTION will include rare quotes by Nastassja on the film as well as well thoughts taken from various vintage interviews with Al Pacino on it.

2 comments:

Rogue Spy 007 said...

I've enjoyed learning more about Maria's Lovers. This is another one of those films that I've heard of, but never seen. It's definitely been added to a list of Nastassja films that I wanna see now.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
Hope you enjoy my reviewof it over there...thanks