Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lou Reed's Berlin Site Link


Here is the link for the official site for Julian Schnabel's film version of Lou Reed's Berlin starring the remarkable Emmanuelle Seigner as the self destructive Caroline. You can view a trailer for the film at the site as well as read some information on the figures involved and Reed's masterful 1973 album. The DVD will be out later this year, as well as I hope a CD documenting one of the live performances from last year.
Also, I am having trouble with YouTube clips posting as of late, but here is the link to Lou inducting Leonard Cohen into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame last night for those interested.

4 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Another absolute must-see. Lou has long been a major part of my record collection, and a hero of mnay of my heroes along with Johhny Thunders, MC5, Iggy and The Dolls. Really pleased to see Seigner has been cast in this, as she's a remarkable actress.
Sorry to read you're having problems posting youtube clips. Having problems with adding page elements and dragging photos in my blog. Must be some twat of a gremlin at work, unless it's just me.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve,
Lou is my main man and has been since I was a teenager. I thought BERLIN was a masterpiece the first time I heard it when I was around fifteen and I still do. I am glad that it is finally getting the recognition it deserves...
agree with you as well on Seigner, a wonderful actress who is finally getting some due as well.
As always...thanks

Rogue Spy 007 said...

This sounds great. I've been a big fan of Lou Reed since I was growing up. He, along with David Bowie and a few others, are great heroes of mine. I love Emmanuelle Seigner. She's been wonderful in a lot of films. This should be really awesome to see.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I am curious to see how much of a part Seigner plays in this. I have yet to see even a photo of her in it...Caroline is one of Lou's great creations and I think she is a perfect choice...thanks again...