Friday, August 8, 2008

Nastassja Kinski Rumored to Return for Tarantino's Inglorious Bastards

Just a couple of weeks after running into each other at a screening of James Toback's Exposed, it looks like Quentin Tarantino and Nastassja Kinski's paths might soon cross again. While Brad Pitt and Eli Roth are the only two major cast members to have officially signed on so far to Tarantino's long awaited war epic Inglorious Bastards, Kinski is in serious discussions with the writer and director to return to the screen to play Third Reich film star Bridget Von Hammersmark. This story is being reported at several spots on the Internet including here and here.
This role would mark Kinski's first appearance in front of the cameras since her cameo two years ago in David Lynch's Inland Empire and her first starring role in more that five years. Also in talks for what promises to be a mind-blowing production are Simon Pegg, Udo Kier and BJ Novak.
Thanks to Mr. Peel for this very hopeful and exciting news.

7 comments:

The King Of Cool said...

That is awesome. I had been hearing some recent news about Inglorious Bastards. Before that it was on and off again stuff. I'm really excited about this remake. Any idea yet who will play Fred's role?

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith...I am super psyched for the film and the idea of Nastassja being in it really makes my summer. I really hope this happens.

Ibetolis said...

Kinski and Tarantino?

Oh, please let it be so.

J.D. said...

I dunno. I'm cautiously optimistic. As good as it will be to see the likes of Brad Pitt, Kinski and Udo in it we'll also have to suffer through Eli Roth and... BJ Novak? I like his work in THE OFFICE but in a WW2 epic? Well, maybe he'll surprise us all.

I'm just amazed that the Weinsteins got the financing place what with all of their recent financial woes.

Mr. Peel said...

Glad I was able to be the one to give you the news. I'm thrilled about the casting of Pitt, Kinski & Pegg. And if Tarantino wants to bring in Ryan from The Office too, that's ok with me.

Steve Langton said...

It was great to see Kinski again in Lynch's excellent Inland Empire, and her presence in QT's next would be be simply fab.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. It's nice to see Nastassja back in the news with such an exciting project. I really hope it works out...as far as the other casting goes I really love Eli as a director and personality so I have no problem there. I really like Novak in THE OFFICE so I'll be curious to see how he does and of course I love Pegg. I find QT's casting to almost always be dead on so I doubt he'll let us down here.