Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Notes on my Jean Rollin Project

La Vampire Nue Template 2

While I just have a handful of regular readers that I know of over at Fascination: The Jean Rollin Experience, I must admit that I am quite proud of it so far. I will be finishing up my look at Rollin's second feature, 1970's La Vampire Nue, later this week and am greatly anticipating diving into arguably his first masterpiece, 1971's Le Frissons des Vampires, by the weekend.
The several regular features I have started over there include my own reviews of the works, notes on certain collaborators (in front of and behind the camera), offering any promotional material I can find, my own exclusive screenshots and wallpapers and even outside submissions (everyone should check out Jeffrey Allen Rydell's terrific piece). Fascination has been a blast so far and I appreciate the folks who have been visiting and commenting.

5 comments:

Steve Langton said...

Really enjoying your blog. Just given it a shout on Twitter.

Matthew said...

You are doing a terrific job! You have inspired me to go back and watch these lovely films as you are blogging. Rollin is truly a special poet. He is kin to Cocteau as Rollin often discovers poetry in chance and error. I cannot wait for Requiem For A Vampire, my personal favorite...

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks to you both for your comments. I just added a very long post on La Vampire Bue and really appreciate the continued support...

Scott said...

I've only ever seen two of Jean Rollin's films: Requiem For A Vampire and Shiver Of The Vampire.

I enjoyed both though and liked his own particular brand of vampire movie - the dreamlike atmosphere and the lyrical poetic quality throughout. I keep meaning to check more out and Fascination looks interesting (I've long loved that iconic image of Brigitte Lahie in hood and scythe).

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Scott,
I hope you enjoy my ongoing tribute to him and that you'll check more of his films out...if you like the two you have seen then you'll dig most of his other stuff as well.