I have been tagged by both Cinema Viewfinder and Film for the Soul in the following Meme.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgement to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
I decided I would choose a film I dig for each letter that I haven't covered in-depth here previously. This isn't really any kind of all time favorite list (although some of these rank among my favorite films), just some titles I admire that will hopefully feature sometime here in the future.
A. The April Fools (Stuart Rosenberg)
B. Bodies, Rest and Motion (Michael Steinberg)
C. Ciao Manhattan (John Palmer and David Weisman)
D. Discrete Charm of the Bourgeoisie (Luis Bunuel)
E. Exhibition (Jean-Francois Davy)
F. Fabulous Baker Boys (Steve Kloves)
G. Go (Doug Liman)
H. Happiness (Todd Solondz)
I. If It’s Tuesday It Must Be Belgium (Mel Stuart)
J. Jennifer Eight (Bruce Robinson)
K. Killing Zoe (Roger Avery)
L. Lord Love a Duck (George Axelrod)
M. Mr. Jealously (Noah Baumbach)
N. New Rose Hotel (Abel Ferrara)
O. Out of the Blue (Dennis Hopper)
P. Panic (Henry Bromell)
Q. Queen’s Logic (Steve Rash)
R. Racing with the Moon (Richard Benjamin)
S. Sharky’s Machine (Burt Reynolds)
T. The Tenant (Roman Polanski)
U. Umbrellas of Cherbourg (Jacques Demy)
V. Virgin Among the Living Dead (Jess Franco)
W. Waterdance (Neal Jimenez)
X. X: Man with the X-Ray Eyes (Roger Corman)
Y. You’ve Got Mail (Nora Ephron)
Z. Zoolander (Ben Stiller)
I am tagging:
Keith at Sugar and Spice
Steve at Last Picture Show
Mr. Peel at Mr. Peel's Sardine Liqueur
Ed Howard at Only The Cinema
Kimberly Lindbergs at Cinebeats
My apologies to any of them that have already been tagged...