Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Elvis Costello with Lou Reed on Sundance Tonight

Episode number one of Sundance's new series Spectacle with Elvis Costello was a knock out last week, and tonight's looks to be even more special. Episode two of the episode series features Costello and Lou Reed together for the hour, along with a special guest appearance from award winning director Julian Schnabel. The idea of seeing two of my favorite songwriters siting down and discussing their crafts, careers and lives (not to mention playing together) has me more than a little excited. Everyone who has access to Sundance should tune in tonight for what promises to be a very special hour. More on the series can be found here and upcoming guests include everyone from Tony Bennett to The Police to Norah Jones.


Keith said...

Hey Jeremy. I was very intrigued by the idea of this show. I think it's great. I'm a big fan of Elvis Costello. I thought it was wonderful to see him do a show like this. I saw some of the guests that are going to be on the show. I can't wait. Cheers! Keith

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Keith,
I;m really looking forward to it. Love your new avatar by the way.

Keith said...

Thanks Jeremy. Glad you you like it. I thought it was really cool when I found it.

Tony Dayoub said...

I had seen a portion of this on the DVD for Lou Reed's Berlin, but I was glad I got to catch it in its entirety. Thanks for the recommendation.

Now I wish I could get my hands on an episode of Sunday Night, a late night show NBC aired from 88-90 hosted by David Sanborn and Jools Holland, that had Lou Reed as a guest and Harry Connick, Jr. in what I think was his TV debut. Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Jeremy Richey said...

Hey Tony,
I know YouTube has a couple of clips of Lou and Sanborn. They might be from what you are referring too. I have a pretty great collection of live LOu clips but unfortunately the show you mention is not among them.