Monday, February 23, 2009

M.I.A. on Region 1 DVD Tribute Month (Film 23) Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Elia Kazan's Wild River (1960)

"Wild River is a high point for Kazan and for American cinema."
-Martin Scorsese-


Samuel Wilson said...

Not so long ago you could see Wild River pretty regularly, uncut and commercial-free, on American Movie Classics. Now it shows up occasionally on Fox Movie Channel -- this past weekend, I believe. Given the talent involved, it's hard to account for this film's absence. Keep up the good work, Jeremy.

Andrew Wickliffe said...

Great film.

I think it's still out on R2 DVD. Beautiful transfer. Love this one.
I first saw it on during the AMC days.

The Beerman said...

Another deserving pick.

Here's a few more:

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Samuel,
Yea the old AMC is where I first caught it. These captures from from an FMC broadcast. I really love the film...Clift is amazing and all of Kazan's work should be available.

Thanks Andrew,
That's good to hear about the Region 2 disc. They really need to get this out here. I don't think it's ever had a home video release in the states, but I might be mistaken.

Thanks Beerman...I just added the link. Great stuff, I love The Outer-Space Connection.

Ned Merrill said...


I was in a doctorate program last year with Clift's nephew. His father was Monty's older brother. I did get to talk to him a bit about Monty which was cool. Sent him a link to your previous article about WILD RIVER, but I didn't hear back from him about it. I'm sure he gets a little tired of being asked about Monty all the time. :-)

Donte said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.