THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON EXPANDING AND REVISING SOME OF THE BEST PIECES FROM MOON IN THE GUTTER AT MY OFFICIAL SITE, NOSTALGIA KINKY. THIS NEW PROJECT CAN BE ACCESSED BY CLICKING THE PICTURE BELOW.

THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

Recent Posts from my Official Site

Wednesday, July 8, 2026

The Art of the Movie Poster: Alligator

POSTER - ALLIGATOR (ITALIAN)

Fueled by a terrific John Sayles script, energetic direction by Lewis Teague and a typically awesome leading turn by Robert Forster, Alligator is a real favorite. This Spanish poster is almost cooler than the film itself, which is saying a lot.

6 comments:

Neil Sarver said...

Yeah, I think it might be cooler. But I'd be very happy to watch the real movie and the movie promised on this poster as a double-feature.

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Well said Neil. I would as well!

Amanda By Night said...

I met Robert Forster and had him sign a Spanish lobby card for this movie, among other things. The picture was of him in a police barricade and the titles were in Spanish. I'm pretty positive he didn't recognize what movie it was. He just kind of stared at it for a second, like "How did I end up in this picture?"

He was SO nice and it was a great experience! Alligator is one of my Forster faves, and trust me, there are plenty!

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Amanda,
I bow to your greatness for having met Forster. He's one of my favorites and I am very envious. Thanks for sharing the experience!

Mucknmire said...

I love this poster!

Erich Kuersten said...

You're so right about this poster - and I think back to the original art for ORCA and Dino's KONG as well -- nowadays the ALLIGATOR poster would be a big close-up of Forster's face, or still waters with a single eye peeping up and a dumb tag line like "He'll see you later."

Moon in the Gutter (Month By Month)

BLOG CREATED, EDITED and WRITTEN BY JEREMY RICHEY: Began in DEC 2006. The written content of all posts (excepting quotes from reviews, books, other publications) COPYRIGHT JEREMY RICHEY.