THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON EXPANDING AND REVISING SOME OF THE BEST PIECES FROM MOON IN THE GUTTER AT MY OFFICIAL SITE, NOSTALGIA KINKY. THIS NEW PROJECT CAN BE ACCESSED BY CLICKING THE PICTURE BELOW.

THE MOON IN THE GUTTER ARCHIVES

Recent Posts from my Official Site

Wednesday, July 8, 2026

Operation Screenshot (Films of the 2000s): Greg Whiteley's New York Doll (2005)

This post is dedicated to Billy Murcia, John Anthony Genzale Jr., Jerry Nolan and Arthur 'Killer' Kane...










3 comments:

Ric Burke said...

What a beautiful, wonderful and ultimately tragic film.

These stills tell the story beautifully, at least the great man lived in the limelight for one, last, great moment.

My god this film made my heart ache.

Great post Jeremy, as usual.

Nostalgia Kinky said...

Thanks Ibetolis,
It's a heroic film about a very brave man...and a truly monumental band. The moment towards the end when David embraces Arthur and tells him he loves him is one of the of most moving shots I have ever seen. Thanks so much for commenting.

Will Errickson said...

Great movie, heartbreaking stuff. Actually I have a tough time watching docs on all the great punk rockers that have since passed away. Have you been able to track down Born to Lose: The Last Rock'n'Roll Movie, about Johnny Thunders? I haven't.

Moon in the Gutter (Month By Month)

BLOG CREATED, EDITED and WRITTEN BY JEREMY RICHEY: Began in DEC 2006. The written content of all posts (excepting quotes from reviews, books, other publications) COPYRIGHT JEREMY RICHEY.