Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Art of the Movie Poster: Antonio Margheriti’s Apocalypse Domani (1980)

It was a hard film to promote. At least I imagine that Antonio Margheriti’s unsettling 1980 shocker Apocalypse Domani must have been a difficult one for the promoters of the film to handle. Part war film, part gory horror movie, part cannibal picture, Margheriti’s genre mixing film remains a hard work to nail down. I really like these four poster designs that show three very different approaches on how to sell the film. I am especially fond of the first one that recalls Coppola’s Apocalypse Now. The disturbing Apocalypse Domani can be found on a nice special edition DVD and it is recommended for Italian cult enthusiasts or adventurous film goers in general.





1 comment:

Amanda By Night said...

This movie has so many titles, it's ridiculous. I love this movie so much. It's so good and quite different from the Italian cannibal movies I was accustomed to... Which was nice! :)