Monday, June 15, 2009

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Dennis Hopper's Out of the Blue (1981)

***This post is dedicated to Linda Manz and Maria McKee***


Tony Dayoub said...

I love this movie, Jeremy. Thanks for showcasing it.

And I hope we see Ms. Manz in something again in the near future.

J.D. said...

I love how Primal Scream sampled Linda Manz from this film for their song, "Kill All Hippies."

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Tony and JD,
I'm really happy to hear from some other fans of this film and Linda. I appreciate the comments.

sexykino said...

Thanks for paying tribute to this neglected film. I think it's a small shame that Hopper is only widely known as an actor. The films he's directed are unique works of art and this may be his very best. Linda Manz also deserves much more acclaim. Alas, at least there are blogs like yours that keep this work alive.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks so much SexyKino,
I appreciate the nice words and couldn't agree with you more about Hopper and Manz. I wish The Last Movie would finally come out on DVD and, of course, I wish this one would come back in print.