Monday, June 29, 2009

Images From My All Time Favorite Films: Claude Chabrol's Les Biches (1968)

I was hoping to get together a solid post for Flickhead's wonderful Chabrol Bog-A-Thon that is currently running, but some prior commitments as well as this lingering bloody back injury have kept me from it. So, as an excuse to link to it at least and pay tribute to one of my favorite films, this weeks tribute in stills is to the mighty Les Biches. Enjoy and please check Flickhead's terrific running tribute to one of cinema's greatest masters.










4 comments:

Ed Howard said...

Great shots from a truly remarkable film, probably my favorite Chabrol. I love the subtle way Sassard's Why begins to inhabit the role of Audran's Frederique over the course of the film, slowly merging with her until the final scenes when she completes the transformation.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Ed,
The film is astounding...I wish Criterion could get ahold of it and put a proper version out.

Flickhead said...

Excellent images, Jeremy. Thanks for participating!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Flickhead and thanks to you for putting on such a wonderful tribute.