Thursday, July 23, 2009

Operation Screenshot (Films of the 2000s): Steven Spielberg's Minority Report (2002)

God knows that I have talked some trash here about Steven Spielberg in the past. However, problems I have with him aside, I would never deny the fact that he has made some amazing films. While I will always be among the group who values his 1975-1982 films the most (yea, I am one of those guys), there is no denying he has hit it out of the park quite a few times since. I think his most powerful film of the past couple of decades is the disturbing and extremely well made Minority Report, a really terrific film that I am happy to include here in this series of my personal favorites from the decade. I think the film, which by the way features a really resonate and great performance by Tom Cruise, is among Spielberg's best and it is probably my favorite since Raiders of the Lost Ark. Enjoy the stills, they were easy to capture as the film is a visual dazzler from beginning to end.










2 comments:

fate said...

Hey I agree with you.M.R. is a great film.I have stated this to other film fans like myself only to be answered with rolling eyes.Cruise&Spielberg are sooo unhip..I guess.M.R. was a true departure in style for Spielberg.no smart ass kids or love interests.I was surprised at how much this film has been ignored.
Any thoughts on another Cruise&Spielberg epic War of the Worlds?

Lovin´ this blog!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Fate,
I think it is a terrific movie and absolutely one of Cruise's (whom I like a lot) best performances...as for War of the Worlds. I dig it for the most part. My only problem really is with the ending that I feel cheats more than a bit and doesn't match the tone of the rest of the film. Thanks again!