Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Answer is Yes...

Some of you might have already guessed it, but I am planning on doing a Tarantino themed week or so here at Moon in the Gutter to celebrate the release of Inglourious Basterds. I'm also going to try and kick myself out of a bit of a creative rut, and take things off the auto-pilot mode that I have been slipping into a lot lately. So, hopefully I will be able to present some quality posts and writing in the next week that will prove entertaining and enjoyable. In the meantime, please check out Kim Morgan's extraordinary interview with Q.T., probably the best one I have ever read with him...and for God's sake go see Inglourious Basterds at the theater (Preferably this weekend with a large and rowdy audience). Don't download it illegally or wait for the DVD, as a film so much in love with film history should be experienced on the big screen. I'll be there at least twice this weekend, and I want to exchange notes...

4 comments:

Neil Fulwood said...

Each one of you Tarantino fans owes me one comment ... and I want my comments!

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Neil!

Steve Oerkfitz said...

As a Detroit native I can tell you that very little of True Romance was actually shot in Detroit. Just a couple of the exteriors.Quentin didn't even get the street names correct. We don't have numbered streets like he used in TR. 108th street or some such thing. I still love the movie tho.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks Steve, I did not realize that. I appreciate the insight.