Thursday, August 27, 2009

Operation Screenshot (Films of the 2000s): Greg Mottola's Adventureland (2009)

"They were gonna meet on a Rocky Mountain street
Two bashful hearts beat in advance
Their hands were gonna sweat, It was all set
She ain't showed up yet, still a good chance

It's a love untold

Checking on her face, checks his sleeve for his ace
And both just in case wear clean underwear
Games would be played excuses would be made
The stupid things they said, in their prayers

Oh about a love untold

Soft hands slowly move across the blank white page
Thinking of words for my silent lips and fingers to obey

They were gonna meet on a crummy little street
It never came to be I'm told
Does anyone recall the saddest love of all
The one that lets you fall with nothing to hold

Just another love untold"

-Paul Westerberg-


Keith said...

This is a movie I really wanna see.

Brandon Colvin said...

Such a great, great film. I can't believe it passed through and didn't garner more exuberant attention. It's got a solid hold on the #1 spot in my top films of the year. I can't wait to see it again. I might actually go pick up the DVD today!

J.D. said...

This is a great film with a killer soundtrack - The Replacements, Husker Du, Crowded House, The Jesus and Mary Chain and others. The DVD is quite good too. I have a review up on my blog.

eroslane said...

Goddamn, I love this movie.

Saw it twice in the cinema.

It's been looping in my head ever since.

A classic.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks everyone,
I think this film is a Stone Cold Classic. I appreciate all the nice comments on it...

Jack Lehtonen said...

These images make me desperately want to see this film. Great blog by the way.