Thursday, September 10, 2009

Please Check Out...


Everytime I hear someone bitching and moaning about how there isn't any good quality writing on film to be found online I always think, "well this chump hasn't visited Mr. Peel's Sardine Liqueur lately." My man Peel has really outdone himself with his brilliant piece on Quentin Tarantino's (already a classic as far as I am concerned) Inglourious Basterds and I wanted to provide a link for it for those who hadn't read it. Peel is doing what he does best here, namely mixing wonderful critical insight with near poetic personal response (what I try and often fail to do here). It's a terrific article on an important film that you shouldn't pass up (the film or Peel's take on it). It struck me reading the article that the best and most enlightening things I have read on the film have indeed been online, so after you finish Peel's piece may I also recommend Kim Morgan's wonderfully impassioned take, as well as Brandon Colvin's typically interesting thoughts, on Tarantino's controversial work.

3 comments:

Brandon Colvin said...

Thanks for the link, Jeremy.

I love seeing all of the different, intriguing sides to this debate being written up by such astute writers.

Jeremy Richey said...

No problem Brandon, I really enjoyed your piece.

Mr. Peel said...

I really should just print this out and carry it around in my pocket with me for those moments where I need to feel better. My immense thanks to you Jeremy for such kind, encuraging words.

--Peter