Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Art of the Movie Poster: A Piranha Triple Feature

To celebrate the release of Alexandre Aja's Piranha 3D, here are some of the striking posters this film series has offered throughout the years. At the top is a scan of my own personally autographed poster signed by Roger Corman! Enjoy and get out there and enjoy some Hard-R 3D carnage this weekend...










And one that I mistook for a poster from The Spawning (You would think that Lee Majors face would have clued me in immediately!!!)

4 comments:

mordi said...

stop this blog at once! you make me want to watch everything you write about! :)

not only am i thinking do i need to add the ages of lulu to my lovefilm list but i am now curious to see lee majors in piranha 2!

Amanda By Night said...

These are awesome.

The poster with Lee Majors (fifth one down) is from Killer Fish, which also features some nasty Piranha and possibly my favorite film featuring those fish (although Piranha 2 is all kinds of incredible!).

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks to you both...I had a lapse with that Lee Majors version and have now put it on the bottom. Excuse the mistake...I put this post together too quickly!

Amanda By Night said...

I thought it was a great addition Jeremy, regardless. Killer Fish is the bee's knees! :)