Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paul Thomas Anderson Film Poll Results

Here are the results for the Paul Thomas Anderson Film Poll. This turned out to be the most popular poll I have ever hosted here, so thanks to all that voted. Thanks again also to all that participated in the Blogathon and visited here throughout September. Here are your pics for your favorite P.T.A. films:

1. There Will be Blood: 88 Votes

2. Magnolia: 75 Votes

3. Boogie Nights 70 Votes

4. Punch-Drunk Love 62 Votes

5. Hard Eight 25 Votes

For those curious, here are my personal favorites:

1. Boogie Nights

2. Magnolia

3. Punch-Drunk Love

4. Hard Eight

5. There Will be Blood

The recent news that Anderson has had to put his upcoming film, The Master, on hold has been depressing to say the least. It has also made for a sobering look at the sorry state of the American film in 2010. One wonders if a film like Magnolia could have even been funded and released right now. I have all the faith in the world that Paul will eventually get The Master made, I am just sorry that it is obviously going to a major battle for him. I have no problem stating that I think Paul Thomas Anderson is THE Great American filmmaker of his generation and the fact they he is having trouble getting his next project off the ground is absolutely infuriating.


le0pard13 said...

This has been one phenomenal series to read and keep up with. Kudos, Jeremy! BTW, we appear to have a similar fav film priority (P-DL and Hard Eight would be flipped, though, in my case). Thanks so much for this.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks for that,
I had some more stuff planned but I am a bit exhausted so I will just have to save them for later. I am very glad you enjoyed the month though and I appreciate the nice words.

J.D. said...

Yes, congrats on all the hard work you did for this blogathon, Jeremy! I would say it was a massive success and you really got some truly great submissions over the last week or so. Amazing stuff. It's good to see so much love for PTA's stuff. Thanks for putting this together, my friend.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks J.D. and thanks again for your great submission!

CiNEZiLLA said...

Thanks for a great week of fascinating pieces and a month of wonderful PTA content Jeremy! And thanks for having me aboard!

To quote Vinnie Jones in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels "It's been emotional"!