Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maria Schneider R.I.P.



Maria Schneider, a truly great European Film Icon, has reportedly passed away at the tragically young age of just fifty-eight. Maria, whose performances in Bertolucci's Last Tango in Paris and Antonioni's The Passenger are the stuff of legend, was one of my favorite actors and I am so saddened to hear this news this morning. I will be posting a full tribute in the upcoming days but I did want to take a moment to pass along my best to her friends and family.

She was truly unique and brought something extremely special to every film she appeared in throughout her iconic career.

3 comments:

Bunched Undies said...

Sad news indeed. Truly a 70s icon.

Steve Langton said...

Very sad to hear of her passing. So talented and such a classical beauty. What an awful year this has been thus far.

Jeremy Richey said...

Thanks guys,
I want to write more but I am just not sure how to put it into words. This one really hurts...