Sunday, April 8, 2012

My Conversation with Sheila O'Malley on Elvis Presley's Film Career


Hopefully all of my readers here are familiar with the amazing Sheila O'Malley, easily one of the best writers on film, music and popular culture on the planet. Sheila's work at her site, The Sheila Variations, is always brilliant and inspiring and recently I had the great pleasure of participating in a chat with her on one of our mutual favorite artists, Elvis Presley. Our talk, on Elvis' unfairly maligned movie career can now be read over at The Sheila Variations and I wanted to invite my readers to check it out. It was such a great pleasure participating in this and I was thrilled to be able to share my enthusiasm on Elvis' acting and filmography with another writer who shares my devotion. I hope the chat might inspire a few folks to perhaps check out films like King Creole, Wild in the Country and Live a Little, Love a Little who might not have before and, I know, Sheila and I both would appreciate any comments that might come our way. Thanks to Sheila for letting me appear on her terrific site and thanks to Elvis for always inspiring us both!

1 comment:

Sheila O'Malley said...

Jeremy - the pleasure was all mine. Thanks so much for your answers! It's been so cool to see people coming out of the woodwork sharing their own favorite moments in Elvis' acting career. It just makes me feel good that there are fans out there who really get how good he was onscreen - hopefully there will be more who discover him!